Laser Hair Removal Common Questions

 

How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?

Compared to a lifetime of waxing, shaving or purchasing depilatory creams, laser hair removal is very affordable. Our price is based on the size of the area to be treated.

How does the laser work?

Lasers safely remove unwanted facial and body hair by selectively targeting melanin, which is the pigment in the hair follicle. The melanin absorbs light energy from the laser pulse causing the hair to heat up at the root which destroys the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding skin.

What Areas Can Be Treated?

Any area of the body can be treated with laser to remove unwanted hair. Some of the more popular treatments are:

Face & Neck


Women: Eyebrows & Ridge, Nose, Ears, Upper Lip, Chin, Sideburns

Men: Full or Partial Beard, Eyebrows & Ridge, Nose, Ears, Front of Neck, Back of Neck, Under the Chin

Torso

Women: Underarms, Forearms & Fingers, Areola, Naval line

Men: Shoulders, Full Back, Upper Back, Upper Arms, Full Arms, Chest, Abdomen

Pelvic

Women: Bikini, French Bikini, Brazilian Bikini, Naval line

Men: Mankini, Brazilian Mankini, Buttocks

Legs

Women/Men: Full Leg & Feet, Full Leg, Thigh, Lower Leg, Feet

Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?

Laser hair removal treatments are extremely safe and are approved by the FDA. Our professionals are certified laser specialists with extensive training and experience in laser hair removal.

Does Laser Hair Removal Hurt?

Most individuals may experience a slight stinging sensation as the laser pulses are applied. And, some parts of the body tend to be more sensitive than others. Application of the laser treatment is performed in conjunction with a directed stream of cool air to dissipate heat from the skin. In addition, topical gels are also available to reduce any discomfort you may feel.

How Many Laser Hair Removal Sessions Does It Take To Achieve Permanent Hair Reduction?

The number of treatments required for permanent hair removal depends on the area of the body being treated, the density of your hair, and growth cycle of the hair.

There are three phases of hair growth — Active, Regression and Resting. At any point in time, approximately 30% of your hair is in the active growth phase and the remaining 70% is in the Regression or Resting phase.

Laser hair removal is effective in removing hair that is in the Active phase of growth. With each treatment, hair follicles that are in the Active growth phase are destroyed. As hair in the Resting phase enters the Active stage it can then be effectively treated with the laser. With each successive laser treatment, you will notice a significant reduction in the total amount of hair growing on the part of the body being treated.

Although each client is unique, you can expect an average of 4-8 treatments spaced approximately 3 to 4 weeks apart, depending on the part of the body being treated, to achieve optimal permanent hair reduction.

Additional factors, including your age, ethnicity, weight, hormones, diet, medication and metabolism, influence hair growth and do play a role in the thickness and resilience of your hair and the number of treatments required to achieve optimal results.

How Long is the Laser Hair Removal Treatment Session?

The length of an individual laser hair removal treatment is determined by the density of hair growth and the area to be treated. Small areas, such as underarms, may take as little as 15 minutes, while larger areas, such as a full back or full leg, may require up to an hour or longer.